:: [Prev] "Things you have to believe to be a Republican today" [Next]
From Cory Farley at the Reno Gazette-Journal:
• Being a drug addict is a moral failing and a crime, unless you’re a conservative radio host. Then it’s an illness and you need our prayers for your recovery.
• The best way to improve military morale is to praise the troops in speeches while slashing veterans’ benefits and combat pay.
• Global warming and tobacco’s link to cancer are junk science, but creationism should be taught in schools.
• Saddam was a good guy when Reagan armed him, a bad guy when Bush’s daddy made war on him, a good guy when Cheney did business with him and a bad guy when Bush needed a “we can’t find Bin Laden” diversion.
There's more where that came from.
edit: And on a related note, South Knox Bubba explains Bizarro World GOP politics, including (but not limited to):
• No Child Left Behind: To ensure our "children is learning", establish an unfunded education program with unattainable goals that leaves poor, minority, and non-English speaking children behind and punishes the schools and teachers who work with them, thus ensuring that white, middle-class or affluent children have the option of taxpayer funded private schools.
* Patriot Act: To enhance the security and to monitor the patriotism of every American citizen, enact laws that override Constitutional protections against oppressive government in violation of fundamental American principles that true patriots have fought and paid for with their lives for more than two centuries.
* War On Terror: To make the world safe from terrorists, get them on the run and bring them in dead or alive by allowing them to escape and hide out in neighboring countries sympathetic to their cause where they can escalate their operations and their recruiting.
* Weapons of Mass Destruction: To ensure that weapons of mass destruction never fall into the hands of terrorists, invade and occupy a country that has no weapons of mass destruction and no involvement in terrorist attacks against the U.S., while ignoring or placating countries that actually possess weapons of mass destruction and who are not friendly to U.S. interests.
Replies: 0 Confessions