:: [Prev] the numbers [Next]
The Inaguration vs. the Tsunami & the War.
* $40 million: Cost of Bush inaugural ball festivities, not counting security costs.
* $2,000: Amount FDR spent on the inaugural in 1945…about $20,000 in today's dollars.
* $20,000: Cost of yellow roses purchased for inaugural festivities by D.C.'s Ritz Carlton. [No relation - ed.]
* 200: Number of Humvees outfitted with top-of-the-line armor for troops in Iraq that could have been purchased with the amount of money blown on the inauguration.
* $10,000: Price of an inaugural package at the Fairmont Hotel, which includes a Beluga caviar and Dom Perignon reception, a chauffeured Rolls Royce and two actors posing as "faux" Secret Service agents, complete with black sunglasses and cufflink walkie-talkies.
* 400: Pounds of lobster provided for "inaugural feeding frenzy" at the exclusive Mandarin Oriental hotel.
* 22 million: Number of children in regions devastated by the tsunami who could have received vaccinations and preventive health care with the amount of money spent on the inauguration.
* 1,160,000: Number of girls who could be sent to school for a year in Afghanistan with the amount of money lavished on the inauguration.
Replies: 0 Confessions